Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A year later...

Well, it has been an entire year since my last blog.  I had better change that! Today was a very good day. We took 47 students to the West Region Vocal Music Contest. We spent the day at Century Baptist Church. (and we learned a few things - like...carpet doesn't resonate, and...Baptists don't believe in the saints) OK - anyway... I get to post results for the day and share some thoughts.

First... ALL OF THE SENIORS ARE GOING TO STATE! 
Next... 27 students will be at University of Mary on April 27. 
Also... I have 59 certificates of superior rating in my possession. 
I will start with solos!
Congratulations to:

Catherine Bopp - O del mio dolce ardor
Jessica Johnson - Quella fiamma
Alexandra Streifel - Alleluia
Juliana Keller - Ah, Love But a Day
Dominick Goettle - Lydia
Ben Porter - I Attempt From Love's Sickness
Kendra Weigel - Chanson d'amour
Rachel Goettle - La volubile
Sara Friedt - Die Forelle

Now, on to the ensembles:

Pie Jesu - BVE3
Frobisher Bay - GVE3
Crucifixus - GVE2
I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked - MVE2
Ave Verum Corpus - MVE7
Caresse sur l'ocean - GVE12
Dulaman - BVE12
O Vos Omnes - MVE12

And... there you have it! Congratulations to all singers. 
Those NOT listed above received either a I or a II rating. I will hand out ballot sheets on Tuesday. Please be thinking of a time when your ensemble can practice on a regular basis before state.  I would like to work toward a couple "best of the day" awards, because you are the best part of my school day! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment