Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The year is here!

So, 62 wonderful students, an accomplished accompanist, and an eager conductor filled with creative ideas...
The students are going to have the time of their lives this year in our choir. I just had a meeting with their parents and a 7 minute mock class. I used to hand out folders, make them warm-up, sit in the right seats and sing something. The class was a bit longer back then. Now, we just push the information out and get everyone geared up.

This blog will definitely get used. I plan on linking enough stuff to it to keep the students in the know. I have a few tricks to figure out, so if you're a parent that is web saavy and isn't afraid to coach me, let me know. This is not old html.
The jazz choir auditions are coming up on the 31st of August. We're going to run jazz band and jazz choir both in the same evening for selecting our groups. The band gives up first Wednesdays each month. Ours will start with everyone at 6:00 PM and then individual auditions (bring any jazz/pop song) will be in timed slots until we are done. You can sign up in the choir office.

I'll write more often. Just wanted to thank all the great parents for the help with our lock-in and for showing up tonight in support of your son/daughter. Keep them practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment