Sunday, July 19, 2009

Peace...

I've just returned from the International Peace Gardens where I had a great time working with vocal jazz students at the International Music Camp. It's on the border between the USA and Canada. I took this picture of the peace towers. They also have part of the twin towers from NYC. It was my second summer conducting vocal jazz with Jennifer Parker. I mention Jen in an earlier blog. She's at McNally-Smith. We had 2 groups - one SSA and one SATB, then combined them for a gospel jazz number. I hope to keep in contact with the awesome singers. It rained a couple days so we really appreciated the sun when it finally did peek out on Saturday. -------When I arrived home, I made it just in time to check out University of Mary's 50th year alumni reunion activities out at Buckstop Junction. Great band - Rift. They play well. All alumni of course. I got a chance to sing in the alumni choir this morning for their concert and the mass. Tom did such a nice job. We all came from a variety of conductors within the school's history, so we didn't have the same trainging. There's a video link up on facebook. Very nice. So, I'm definitely at peace. I'll keep praying for my colleage, Bill Schmidt, and for all the students & their families. Peace to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment